- North Yorks County Council has accepted our business plan to take over the Library.
- We have agreed the area which we will be able to have in the Library building as we will be sharing the space with the Children’s Centre and the 0-19 Prevention Team. We expect a draft lease from NYCC in September.
- We will be looking to recruit volunteers over the period up to Christmas.
- We hope to be able to open the Library on Friday afternoons in February and March, following volunteer training in January.
- We are on course to take over the Library from 1st April 2017.
The Trust submitted its Business Plan to North Yorkshire County Council in June.
It was considered by the Assessment Panel on the 7th July who recommended that the Council should now proceed with detailed negotiations with the Trust to take over responsibility for the library.
The panel commented that they were impressed with the Plan and it’s accompany appendices, which demonstrate the ambition of the group for the library and the local community, recognising that a library is more than just the books.