Would you like to make a real impact in your local community? Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust are looking to recruit two volunteer trustees to strengthen our existing team.
Who are we?
We are Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust – a local charity with a big impact. We benefit the communities of Sherburn in Elmet and surrounding villages by:
- Providing and developing the Community Library and Information Hub.
- Providing and maintaining the Old Girls’ School Community Centre.
- Acting as a co-ordinator to develop community projects such as the Sherburn Coronavirus Aid Group, who have helped hundreds of local residents through Covid 19.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit two volunteer trustees to strengthen our existing team.
This means attending monthly trustee meetings, contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation, ensuring we are carrying out our charitable objectives and managing our resources, and supporting our small team of staff and volunteers. Our website can be viewed at sherburninelmetcommunitytrust.co.uk.
- Be numerate and computer literate
- Have good communication skills
- Be committed to your local community
- Understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities of being a trustee
- Be able to meet the minimum time commitment of 12 trustee meetings per year.
What difference will you make?
We were formed in 2016 and have been successfully managing two important local facilities as well as developing community resilience during Covid 19. You can play a part in continuing that success.
What’s in it for you?
Becoming a trustee is both a rewarding way to help your community and a way to learn fantastic new skills. It’s an invigorating and dynamic role, which puts you at the very heart of a charity and its work, liaising with a team of like-minded people.
Please email email@example.com with brief details of yourself and we will get in touch.