Would you like to make a real impact to your local community?
Who are we?
We are Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust – a local charity with a big impact. We benefit the communities of Sherburn in Elmet and surrounding villages by:
- Providing and maintaining the Community Library
- Providing and maintaining the Old Girl’s School Community Centre.
- Employing a Community Development Manager to coordinate and develop community projects. One current example is Sherburn Coronavirus Aid Group, who have helped hundreds of local residents, have worked through the Community Trust.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit two volunteer trustees to strengthen our existing team. We are particularly looking for people with either Finance or HR skills.
This means attending monthly trustee meetings, contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation, ensuring we are carrying out our charitable objectives and managing our resources, and supporting our small team of staff and volunteers.
- be numerate and computer literate
- have good communication skills
- be committed to your local community
- understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities of being a trustee
- be able to meet the minimum time commitment of 12 trustee meetings per year.
What difference will you make?
We were formed in 2016 and have been successfully running two important local facilities. You can play a part in continuing that success.
What’s in it for you?
You will share your skills and experience and make a real impact on your local community. You will work with a friendly team of dedicated people and develop transferable skills, improve your CV and broaden your experience.
Please email email@example.com with brief details of yourself and we will get in touch.