Would you like to make a real impact in your local community?
Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust is seeking to strengthen our Board of Trustees.
Who are we?
Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust is a local charity with a big impact. Our aim is to benefit the communities of Sherburn in Elmet and surrounding villages by
- Providing and developing Sherburn & Villages Community Library.
- Providing and maintaining the Old Girls’ School Community Centre.
- Providing free information on how to access local services, support and find local volunteering opportunities, to help people stay healthy, happy and independent within their local community. Sherburn & Villages Community Support Network (CSN).
What are we looking for?
The Trust is looking to recruit two volunteer trustees to enhance our existing team. We are especially interested in Trustees with experience in IT or marketing.
This means attending monthly trustee meetings, contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation, ensuring we are carrying out our charitable objectives and managing our resources, and supporting our small team of staff and numerous volunteers. More information is on this website and the About Us section.
- Be numerate and computer literate
- Have good communication skills
- Be committed to your local community
- Understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities of being a Trustee
- Be able to meet the minimum time commitment of monthly trustee meetings.
What difference will you make?
The Community Trust formed in 2016 and has been successful in managing two important local facilities and providing a community support network. In addition, we developed and achieved community resilience during Covid 19 and afterwards through recovery. By joining our team, you can play a part in continuing that success.
What’s in it for you?
Becoming a trustee is both a rewarding way to help your community and a way to learn fantastic new skills. It is an invigorating and dynamic role, which puts you at the very heart of a charity and its work, liaising with a team of like-minded people.
Whether you would like an informal chat or are ready to apply with brief details of yourself and why you are interested in joining us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21 August 2022.