The Community Trust trust was formed in April 2016 as Registered Charity No. 1166770.
The trustees are as follows:-
- Paul Doherty (Chair)
- Karen Packham (Treasurer)
- Andrew Potts
- Tony Hewitt
- Alma Hodgson
- Gary Limbert
- Kevin Sibson
- Les Wake
It is the role of the Trustees to provide governance, oversee and co-ordinate the activities of :
- Sherburn & Villages Community Library Management Group, whose purpose is to run and develop the Community Library
- Friends of the Old Girl’s School, whose purpose is to develop the former Girl’s School building into a new Community Centre.
It is felt that there are lots of benefits in working together as both groups are managing an asset from NYCC and benefit from the Trust’s charitable status. Key benefits include:-
- Sharing of skills amongst trustees
- More varied activities available for volunteers
- Shared costs for accountancy, insurance, payroll administration, etc.
- Shared use of management
- Shared bookings service
- Shared website
- Shared fund raising